There are certain times of the year when it is best to buy certain products.
Stuff to buy in May:
- We love to buy lots of strawberries at this time of the year as they are very cheap and fresh. Both my daughters love strawberries and we go strawberry picking every year.
- Asparagus is other favorite at my house. We love to eat Roasted Asparagus this time of the year.
- Blueberries, Peaches, Carrots, Cauliflower, Kale, Spinach, Potatoes, Onions are all good produce to buy and in-season.
- Winter Gear
- Winter/Spring gear is generally on sale or clearance
- This is a great time to stock up on jackets for the next winter
- Depending on what festivals/holidays are happening in the month, we will see sales in grocery stores.
- Cinco De Mayo is in the first week of May. Expect to see sales on salsa, tortilla chips, tortillas, etc
- Memorial Day is at the end of the month and there will be lots of sales leading up to it on grocery supplies. Also, cookware, mattresses and appliances go on sale near Memorial day.
- After Mother’s Day, keep an eye out for gifts and jewelry.
- Thrift stores get lots of fresh inventory and with the warmer weather, more garage sales will start popping up