We finally sold our house today morning! We moved and we closed on the house and it’s all over. I feel so bittersweet – sad to leave the house where we lived for 7 years and where my babies were born but also excited to move onto the next chapter of our lives.
We’re waiting for the next chapter and so we’re staying at a hotel for now. Which is quite challenging by itself. Try staying in a hotel room with 2 small kids. It’s enough to drive you crazy.
One advantage is that there is less space to run around and it’s easier to keep an eye on the kids while doing work in the kitchen. It’s also hard in that they get antsy because of less space to run around. Another advantage – it’s nice to have to not wash so many vessels and load the dishwasher and make the bed. It’s done by housekeeping… 🙂
Some days are harder than others and yesterday was one of them. I needed to do laundry and hated to do it in the laundry machines in the hotel.
But this is just a temporary situation and we will move to an apartment in the near future. I look forward to setting up house from scratch though it won’t be our own. (We need a break from home ownership.)
I’ve read dozens of emails about the Ultimate Home-Making bundle 2017 for $30 which have been flooding my inbox in the last few days. Today’s the last day and I’m really debating whether I should buy or not.
I have bought bundles in the past and didn’t end up having the time to read the books or the ecourses but I did use some of the bonuses. So it wasn’t a waste of money.
But I’m debating whether I should get this year or not. I saw a few books and courses which sound really interesting this year.
- Temper Toolkit ecourse – Though I’ve never been a person to lose my temper over the course of my life, marriage and motherhood has changed me to the extent that I frequently lose my temper and I have been trying to make a conscious effort to control it. I have heard good reviews of this toolkit and it could help me learn to control my temper more – $29
- The Better Listening Workbook – I have issues with my older daughter not listening to me and me having to repeat the same instruction many times leading to me losing my temper. Perhaps this workbook could help me. – $6
- Engage – has ideas on how to engage with my daughter which sometimes my husband and I have difficulty with and she then ends up on the iPad or watching tv – $12
- Family Chore System & Planner – Hoping that this can help me stay on top of my chores. – $17
- The Paperless Home – I love Evernote but end up stuffing a lot of junk in it and it ends up not being useful at all. This course might help me get rid the paper junk in my house better – $32
- Cozy Minimalist Decorating Class – I have read great reviews of this course and maybe it can help me decorate my house better. – $39
- The SAHM Wardrobe Basics Builder – I have read great reviews of this too and while I’m not a SAHM, I feel this could help me get a nicer and more put-together wardrobe – $29
- BONUSES – I am really interested in the Molly Green membership, Home Binder membership and the 1 month free membership of Bookroo and Kiwi Crate. – $29, $120, $18 and $20.
Put together, if I buy, I save quite a bit of money and might help me fix some of the issues in my life.
So I’m going to buy the bundle and go through the courses and books listed above and review them back here on my blog for some accountability.
It’s been a rough few days. My dad had to go back to the hospital for more surgery and he was there for a week and just now home. Doctor’s not sure what’s going on or if he may have to go back. That’s been adding a lot of stress for me, more so considering I’m so far away from him.
My older daughter’s been acting out a lot since I went back to work. She doesn’t do well with change and she needs more attention from me.
My younger daughter’s been sick with a bad cold and a ear infection since she started daycare.
I’ve developed my old RSI injury from being back at work after a long time and headaches from looking at the computer screen.
There’s been some good news too – A2 (younger daughter) is doing much better at daycare and adjusting better. A1 is doing better compared to before with less tantrums and I’m trying to do a better job and not losing my patience.
Life is good! I’m so grateful for all I have and thank god for all my blessings. When I read the news and see how many people are hurting, I think to myself – Thank you God for taking care of my family.
So, the last few days have been crazy and I can’t believe it’s the first week of April already and I haven’t posted for a few days.
My husband has been travelling for work recently, taxes and with getting the house cleaned and ready and handling the kids, I’ve just not spent much time on the computer at all.
We also had a health scare with my dad. He had a subdural hematoma and required brain surgery. It was so scary and to be so far away from him was really hard. Thankfully, he’s now feeling much better and at home recovering.
I started work this week after being gone on maternity leave for a year and my younger daughter started daycare this week. It’s been hard to leave her at daycare but I am happy about being back at work.
I hope to post more frequently once I am back on a schedule.